My life didn’t go as planned but that was ok. I wasn’t a victim, I was a survivor.
Summer of 2014, I was in the middle of a turmoil in my life. My soul was exhausted from dealing with non stop threats and abuse from someone who left me in the air. I felt like I was having a skinny dip into the unknown. No work, no money and in the brink of losing the place I once called home. I have a 5 years old to take care and nowhere to live. Sometime in the end of Autumn and it was dark, cold and windy. I was sitting in the dark with the blinds open and staring at the full moon and thinking about what my life would be in the next few days, weeks or months. Suddenly, some kind of delicate light magically showered me while I tried to close my eyes. It made me cry and gave me goosebumps. I didn’t know what I felt that night. Somehow it told me that it was the answer to all of my miseries.
As I sat there in the dark, I cried my eyes out not because I was sad, scared or threatened but because of some unexplainable feelings lurking inside me. Something tells me to be gentle with myself and be kind to myself because everything will be okay and things will go smoothly. I was so hopeful, I prayed hard and meditate whenever I get a chance. One morning before Christmas I had the answer to my new beginning. As I read the letter that was sent to me, I was shaking, crying and my knees turned to jelly. I was on my knees thanking God, the Universe and all the Archangels for the wonderful news.
Buckle down and do whatever is required to create a life that you will be proud of.
Yes, from that day I had my good news I was determined to move forward and not look back. When I moved out of my once called home, I had to gave up so many things. I had to gave 80% of what I had because of space issues and because I want to start fresh. Thinking positive thoughts helped my life transformed in a positive way.
So, here’s how I managed to deal with my trials:
- I wrote a gratitude journal everyday thanking for what I have and what I have asked pretending it’s already there. I wrote at least 5 things I was grateful for during the day. When you’re lost and don’t know where life leads you trust me you still have so many things to be thankful for. Be thankful for the gift of life, the brand new day, the air that you breathe, the light or even to the person who lets you get on the bus first.
- I meditate while listening to guided meditation in YouTube. There are so many guided meditations out there that will help you clear your mind and sometimes it gives you the answer to what’s holding you up.
- I was always thankful for my health. Thankful that despite of what happened I wasn’t on anti-depressant. That I was in perfect health.
- I prayed a lot. Prayer is always my weapon in whatever challenge I have in my life. Whatever your religion, always pray!
- I always think of something positive about that person who caused chaos in my life and be grateful about it. Trust me it helps and it will make you let go of the anger inside you.
- I spent time with friends when I felt so alone and it helped a lot! If you don’t have close friends around try to join some groups in your community or a hobby club in your area.
What have I learned from that journey?
- I learned that there are friends who truly cared for me. I am so grateful for them for not leaving me during my darkest hour. For the love and support I can’t thank them enough. They helped me in so many ways imaginable.
- When I felt I was so lost, someone who truly cares helped me financially to get by while I was looking for a job and putting my life back on track. I was so lucky to have that person in my life for all the love that she poured towards me and my son. My heart is overflowing with gratitude. I learned that somehow somewhere an Angel will be sent to rescue you when you’re down.
- As I accept my downfall, the Universe started to pour me blessings beyond what I asked. Every little things I asked for future are slowly appearing before my eyes.
- That even in my darkest hour, I learned to forgive in order to move forward. Letting go of any emotions was hard but once I learned to free my heart from anger, everything comes nicely.
- That being happy is not a matter of what you have, who you’re with or when you’re in a relationship. I learned that being happy starts within you. If you can’t be happy being alone, having someone is not the answer to find happiness.
- That everything in my life happened for a good reason, good or bad. That it made me a stronger person and it didn’t stopped me from chasing my goals.
- I learned that sometimes having a big breakthrough you have to go through a dark patch. Just believe and don’t give up and your breakthrough is there waiting for you.
- I had been asked so many times for advice but I asked them why me when I myself went through rough patch in my life. They always have one answer, that despite of what I’ve been through I stand tall and faced life in a positive way. I learned that experience makes you a better version of yourself.
Looking back, I am thankful why it happened. It saved me and my son in so many levels of life. It gave me a big breakthrough and it leads me to a happier place. So don’t underestimate yourself. Whatever challenge you have right now, it prepares you to the next level. Whatever circumstances you’re facing right now, remember that it doesn’t define you. Be kind and be gentle to yourself.
Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life ~J.K. Rowling~